Monday, March 25, 2013

One Week Update on Hubby!

I cannot believe we are one week past my husband's surgery and four weeks past mine!  Hallelujah!  We made it - now we just got to stick with the plan and make this tool work!  This past week my husband was home recuperating - was not his usual grumpy sick self (as with colds in the past) - he was quieter than usual but handled his surgery fine.  He never took the prescription pain medicine at home - a few Children's Tylenol but not many as he said he really was not in pain.  Yes, he was slow getting up and down and in and out of bed but did great.  He did visit our internist on Friday after Monday's surgery and I think that helped getting his blood pressure and blood sugar guidelines from the doctor that quickly.  He's off of HALF his medications.  I waited until the 2nd week to see the internist and by that time my blood pressure was too low and I was very weak.

Today he is back at work and started his pureed food diet - I packed his new Bento lunch box (from www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com recommendations) with two GNC Total Lean shakes, a Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, applesauce, Campbell's Tomato Soup (heat in the can),  & 4 whole wheat ritz crackers.  I couldn't find the blue ice packs at our grocery store so went to our local Academy to find them - they were with the ice chests and hunting supplies.  He's looking forward to refried beans for dinner!

The main concern I have with my husband going back to work (desk job) is his commute - an hour there and home.  Hopefully his energy levels will be okay to handle the commute. As he was getting bored at home, I think he was ready to get his brain working again - how much Sportscenter, basketball, American Pickers & Pawn Stars  - can one watch?? He's planning on taking a nap at lunch! Life is getting back to a NEW NORMAL!!  Oh by the way - did I mention HE LOST 16 POUNDS THIS PAST WEEK??  WOO HOO!!




No comments:

Post a Comment