Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to Gym??

Okay, today I'm nervous as I head back to my gym as I've gotten the release to start working out.  I'm 4 weeks out.  My gym is smaller and geared to older adults - no kids daycare - I did really enjoy it when I was working out regularly (One of my problems - easy for me to find reasons not to go work out!).  I joined a few years ago as I know the owners and one of the trainers is my good friend.  But the problem with going to a smaller gym is that you cannot go and slip into the back row - sight unseen - they will notice me.  I haven't been there in probably 9 months.  My friend knows about my VSG surgery and is encouraging but the owners don't - I'm not sure if they will think I'm taking the easy way out - but they really don't need to know!  I just want to get on the treadmill and lift my light weights without anybody making a big deal about me getting back to working out.  Just leave me alone!!

I'm still on a soft diet - I'm really loving some baked sweet potatoes during this stage - I cook them about 5 minutes in microwave (after piercing them with fork) and then bake in the oven at 350 for about 30 more minutes. I use a little butter on it - but as I'm not eating much - it's not adding up to much.  A little bit of chicken and sweet potatoes makes a wonderful dinner!  I think also think a little bit of complex carbohydrates helps my energy levels a little.  This week I'm going to add some green beans to the mix - I know I need some green veggies.

Constipation has become a problem these past couple of weeks and probably one reason for my slower weight loss.  Last week I broke my 16 day stall as I ended up losing 2.6 lbs last week.  I'll take that loss!  I've used Milk of Magnesia a couple of times (worked in two hours) but that's not a long term solution.  I've started using Miralax in a pitcher of Crystal Light to drink all day.  Coffee in the morning used to get things going for me - doesn't always work now - but I'm drinking a cup every morning.  I'm also eating some oatmeal in the mornings - trying to get some more fiber in my diet.  New problems on this NEW NORMAL with VSG but I'll figure it out!!

Notice above that I'm making excuses already for not going back to the gym?  How typical of me!  Like the people working there will have a parade that I'm back to the gym??  My favorite saying of my mother, "You wouldn't worry so much about what people think of you if you realize how seldom they do."  The gym people probably don't realize it's been so long since I've been there - they have their own life problems to deal with & I'm not on their list to worry about! Okay - time to get off this computer and go work-out!  I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment