Thursday, March 7, 2013

Nesting before Surgery!


As the date for my surgery got closer, I found myself in a nervous frenzy to clean things out  - "nesting" (like before you give birth).  Guess I'm giving birth to a smaller stomach!  I'll confess - my house may look clean from the outside but please don't open drawers or closets - that's where all the junk is.  I told one friend if anything happened to me she had to go into my closet first before anyone else!!!

So I tackled the pantry, refrigerator & freezer when my husband wasn't there as he has a hard time seeing food go to waste.  (He's getting sleeved 3 weeks later than me).  Our boys are out of the house so we don't need to keep junk food around for them.  I did a little bit at a time each week before I knew the trash was going to be picked up.  I also get overwhelmed with the idea of cleaning out things so I do better in 30 minute increments of cleaning.

My closet was the biggest hurdle - it was a nightmare.  I also had to tackle it in several 30 minute sessions!  First I got rid of what I knew I would never wear no matter how much weight I lost.  Then clothes that were just worn-out.  How many black short-sleeved t-shirts does one person need?  Can't wait to have a wardrobe that is not based on BLACK!!!

The day before the surgery I was a nervous wreck and so back to the closet project and I then concentrated on shoes - how many pairs of flip-flops does one need?  I live in a southern climate so I wear flip flops a lot - but I did get rid of many pairs that I hadn't worn in the last year.

So good news - my closet is not perfect but I now know I can walk-in and see what I have!  I can't wait to get rid of these large clothes!  Yeah for nesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment