Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Week Out!


MONDAY, MARCH 4, 2013


Wow!  I woke up this morning excited I was a week out but man - absolutely no energy at all today.  Thank goodness I did not have anything important going on and could rest today.  I also got to start on the puree stage - which makes me nervous about what I can eat.

I started off with a little bit of Cream of Wheat with some splenda - needed some butter and brown sugar!  Guess I still have a long way to go in conquering my food addictions!  I had some greek yogurt and a GNC Total lean shake - I like those!  My stomach felt a little upset - had some Tums and some Lactaid with the yogurt.  Hope I can eat these since I'm starting to become more lactose intolerant.

I called the doctor's office on my weakness - the nurse said I needed to get some calories in - that was hard to do on the clear liquid diet.  I can also take the chewable vitamins now and also a chewable B12.  Hope this helps.  My blood pressure was totally normal today without medication - weird since it was high Friday & Saturday with medication - guess the healing is taking place.  I will see my internist this week and am documenting the BP.

Good news is that I'm down 10 lbs since last Monday!!  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I worry about with this procedure is the weakness thing. I've always been very weak if I don't eat a fair amount. Yep, I'm worried about this! Glad you're starting to feel better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! The weakness is getting better every day!! This is an exciting journey!

    ReplyDelete