Friday, March 15, 2013

3 WEEK STALL?

Well - I'm in my third week post-op and I haven't lost a POUND in over 11 days!! UGH!  I've graduated to soft foods this week so my diet is tasting better.  I've had oatmeal, chicken, salmon, tuna fish, and mashed potatoes.  And a few whole wheat Ritz crackers with the tuna fish.  Life is getting better.

Yesterday I went to see my surgeon for my post-op visit.  He told I was doing good - was down 23 pounds from my first visit.  I told him about my stall and he told me it was because I was not eating enough calories.  My calorie intact has been around 500 each day on My Fitness Pal (love the app!) and 60 grams of protein each day.  He said I would not lose weight at that low of a calorie intact - I had put my body into starvation mode and it would not burn fat - I needed to increase my calories and eat every two hours.  In the last two weeks I've heard two statements from doctors that I never thought I would hear - "Eat more" and "Salt is your friend" (low blood pressure last week).

Turns out eating every two hours is harder than it sounds - I really am not hungry every two hours so it is hard eating more protein all the time.  I have been eating more greek yogurt and drinking two protein shakes - one in the morning and one at night to increase my protein & calories.  And it's hard to eat two ounces of chicken or fish - I do get full very fast!

It is discouraging that the scale is not moving - I am walking every day this week - getting easier every day - more energy every day.  On my old diets, I would be diving into some sweets right now about the stall - but since I physically cannot eat them right now without getting sick - I am on track!! Who knows how I'll do when this new stomach heals! It will be a test - for sure! Now come on scale - move tomorrow!  I know - I shouldn't weight every day but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment