Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Funny Surgery Story


My 345 lb  54 yr old husband was in the surgery holding area on Monday morning - just minutes away from his VSG - and an anesthesiologist type person asked him "NOW WHAT LIFESTYLE CHANGES DID YOU TRY TO MAKE BEFORE DECIDING TO HAVE THIS SURGERY?"  
His response , "NONE!"
Hubby's thinking, "Are you Fricking kidding me - minutes away from surgery - you want to talk about all the times I've gained and lost weight through the years?  You really think I'd be getting 85% of my stomach taken out if I hadn't tried all kinds of diets and lifestyle changes??  I'm not going there with you!"  
The guy was a little taken back but I guess they went on to have a decent conversation.  I don't think this guy was in the operating room with him cause our surgeon has told us he has a woman anesthesiologist that he likes to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment