Tuesday, March 19, 2013

First Visit with NUT

Today I had my first visit with the nutritionist.  I'm on the 4th week of post-op and on the 2nd week of soft foods.  I do think she was surprised that I knew so much about what we should be eating, the rules such as chewing 25 - 30 times, no drinking with meals, etc.  She did have plastic food that was in 2 oz and 3 oz sizes which was a great visual for me to see portion amounts.

She has planned for me to eat 1300 calories a day - WOW!  No way I can eat that much at this point of my journey.  She was shocked that I had not eaten any vegetables yet - well - I'm eating soft foods now  and concentrating on the protein.  She made some good points about eating a variety of food so I do not get bored and increasing the vegetables and fruits.  She also wants me to get the majority of the protein in food rather than shakes which I understand but not possible at this point.

My plan before meeting with her was to stay in the 600-800 range and watch my protein levels, eat low carb and drink lots of water.  Now I'm a little confused as I'm in a 14 day stall.  I'm reading on Obesity Helps - what a great website and support group.  Come on scale - MOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment