Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Normals!

As we go through different seasons of our life, we have to adjust our thinking and our actions to accept the "new normals" of our lives.  As my husband and I have both had VSG, we are experiencing new normals every day.  I have to get my head around the facts that this is my new life - small portions, protein based diet, low carbs, no diet drinks (still miss every day), exercising, and planning for meals and snacks. Here's a list of some of my NEW NORMALS!!


1.   Getting off medications
2.   Having the twinkle back in my husband's eye as he feels better than he has in a year!!
3.   Packing lunch for my husband in his bento box every day
4.   Packing snacks in my Vera Bradley Lunch Box
5.   Crystal Light Mojito
6.   Baggy pants
7.   Saggy bra cups
8.   Clearer skin
9.   Hearing "Wow - I can really tell in your face that you've lost weight!"
10.  My Fitness Pal
11.  Having to always average my weekly weight loss to keep from getting discouraged when only lose      one pound or not at all. Currently at 3.74 lbs a week.  Yeah!
12.  Trying not to compare myself to others on message boards.
13.  Reading OH daily to keep inspired.
14.  For Fast Food - getting Chick-fil-et grilled chicken nuggets kids meal with iced tea
15.  Sonic Happy Hour - getting unsweet Route 44 Iced Tea with sugar free Mint flavoring (also sugar free Mango, Peach, etc)
16.  Looking forward to snacks such as Greek Yogurt & Baby Bel cheese
17.  Exercising - still have to make myself go to the gym or for a walk (this hasn't gotten easier)
18.  Feeling excited about the future!
19.  Vitamins -( loving Calcium Citrate chews instead of Starbursts)
20.  Talking daily to hubby about our constipation problems and bathroom successes and failures??

No comments:

Post a Comment