Monday, April 29, 2013

Slow Weight Loss????

Okay, last week was my toughest week as far as wanting to snack and just having slow weight loss for the past couple of weeks.  But I powered through it, worked out 3 times at the gym with weights & cardio, walked a couple of times and LOST 3 POUNDS!!  WOO HOO!!  My husband was also out-of-town and I didn't overeat without him here (might have happened in the past!).

I discovered that Sonic has unsweetened iced tea with sugar-free flavorings to add - I love the Mint with Splenda added to my tea.  I order a Route 44 (biggest size) and a cup of Sonic Ice to go.  If you go between 2-5, you get HAPPY HOUR prices - half off!  Yeah!  I still miss my diet drinks so this is helping.

I have also found that when I eat beef such as a steak - I don't get hungry for a long time - must be the dense protein takes a while to digest.  I haven't eaten beef very much but think I'll start having it more.  I also have been looking at My Fitness Pal and think that cheese and crackers are not a good snack for me - I love the crackers too much.  Guess I need to try cheese with an apple or other fruit.  I love the Baby Bels!

Okay stats - two weeks pre-op diet I lost 10 lbs.  One month post-op - 12.6 lbs.  Second Month - 11.6 lbs.  Average weight loss - 3.42 lbs a month.  So why am I whining about being a slow loser??? Just not every week is a 3 lb loss - some weeks are not losses or just a pound.  It all evens out.  I'm not sure what my goal will be but if I want to lose 100 pounds - I'm a 1/3 of the way there with 34.2 pounds lost!! I'm a happy camper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment