Saturday, April 13, 2013

Quit Comparing Myself!

I've been reading the weight loss surgery websites religiously since I began researching the VSG surgery.  They have been full of information for me.  I love the www.obesityhelp.com site the most but also like www.thinnertimes.com and www.gastricsleeve.com. On all the sites, everyone seems to ask the same questions about stalls, constipation, hair loss, carbs, and exercise.  The veterans are mostly patient about answering these questions over and over again.  I appreciate their wisdom!

I'm having a hard time reading these websites and hearing about how fast so many people are losing weight - not me at this time yet!  It is hard not to compare yourself and to give props to yourself when you know you are eating the right amount of protein and low carbs & calories.  I've been getting around 70 grams of protein a day and keeping the calories under 800.  I will admit - getting 64 oz of water in each day is hard and I'm probably not there yet.  I've been exercising about 3 times a week - some weeks more.  I could also up my exercise.

Last week I lost 3.7 lbs - this week I'm stalled right above the 200 lb mark - I'm so close to onederland! Monday - 200.8, Tuesday 200.4, Wednesday 200.2, Thursday 200.4, Friday 200.6, Saturday 200.4 - UGH!!  Frustrating!

One day this week I had book club with my friends - we always go to a restaurant.  I ate a grilled shrimp appetizer that worked fine for my eating plan.  But when I was home that afternoon, I really wanted to binge eat.  Why??  I need to figure out why - did I feel insecure around my skinny friends?  Did it bother me that they were all planning on going to a formal charity gala and were looking at photographs of the dresses they were wearing (We aren't going - our choice)?  Maybe next year I could look good in a cocktail or formal dress but I'm not there yet.  Ok, it did make me feel insecure.

I'm a work in progress!  I need to work on not comparing myself to others on the weight loss and realize that some day I do have the hope of looking good in a dress!  Any other time in the past when dieting, when feeling insecure I would go home and binge eat and feel guilty about cheating on the diet.  Now I can't because of the restriction - I'm proud of myself for getting through that day without eating all day - I could have grazed all afternoon - eaten crackers for example - but I didn't.  Okay - I did have two whole wheat Ritz crackers - but that's it.  And I put them in My Fitness Pal - was accountable to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment