Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Menu...

As I'm seven weeks out now, I feel like I'm getting my diet down.  The weight is coming off slowly - last week 3.7 pounds - this week only 1.8 pounds.  Including my pre-op diet for 2 weeks, I'm averaging 3.44 pounds a week -  YEAH!!

What I'm eating for breakfast:

Protein coffee -coffee w/scoop Syntha-6 Cookies & Cream protein powder
or Oatmeal -with tsp of Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
or GNC Lean Shake - Vanilla Bean - 170 Cal 25 gr protein

Lunch:

Boars Head Turkey rollup with baby swiss cheese -
Tuna Fish Salad with egg & 3 whole wheat Ritz Crackers

Dinner:

Rottissiere Chicken  Baked Sweet Potato with Butter
Steak & Green Beans
Shrimp Cocktail w/ Cocktail Sauce
Salmon

Snacks:

Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt & Graham Cracker
Cheese & crackers
Sugar Free Popsicle
GNC Lean Shake
Half a Quest Bar
Cottage Cheese

I probably shouldn't be eating the whole wheat Ritz Crackers or a graham cracker but I can't tell you how much I enjoy the crunch of the crackers!  We've started going out to eat a little = I've had the Chick-fil-et kids meal with 4 grilled chicken nuggets with the Chick-fil-et Sauce - awesome (but I don't eat their applesauce - too much sugar).  We've eaten at our favorite seafood restaurant - I love their salmon on a cedar plank - have enough for 3 meals.  I also got a crab cake last week with a salad - ate half the crab cake and a few bites of the salad with no problem.  I felt guilty about the crab cake because it was fried but I still lost weight the next day.  I absolutely love baked sweet potatoes with butter - I eat so little of it as I eat my protein first - but the few bites of sweet potato that I do eat are awesome! I go ahead and fix it with butter because I know I'm eating such a small amount and I refuse to eat margarine. I also love the Dannon Greek Yogurt - yes - I'm eating the ones with the fruit on the bottom  - blueberry, cheery, strawberry and pineapple - but they are only 70 calories, 7 grams of sugar and 12 grams of protein- delicious treat!

I've averaging between 600-800 calories a day with 60-80 grams of protein- probably a few too many carbs but I do enjoy when I eat them!  I still can't believe I've been sticking too this diet for 9 weeks now with no diet cokes, no cookies or candy, and no pizza or chips!  I'm taking this a day at time - so far totally doable!  Yeah me!




No comments:

Post a Comment