Monday, April 22, 2013

Normally I'm be Giving Up by now.....

Okay, at 8 weeks post-op I'm hanging in there.  On other diets, I'd be ready to hang it up by now - I'd be tired of the slow results.  The last two weeks I've had slow weight loss but the scale is moving.  For example, last week I just lost one pound.  I don't know why I'm a slow loser but the good thing is I can't "quit" my sleeve.

I'm getting kinda scared of how much more I can eat now - yesterday I did not put my food into My Fitness Pal until the end of the day and I ended up eating almost a 1000 calories - not bad foods just too much of the good foods!  My NUT wants me at 1200 - 1400 calories a day but I want to stay around 600-800 calories a day as the veterans on the Obesity Helps recommend and have had success with.  I do get hungry every couple of hours - so I need to be conscious of eating healthy high-protein foods every two hours - or low cal foods then.  Also, I need to get my water in.  Ugh!

I'm finding myself wanting to snack more now that I'm further out - not a good sign.  I've been trying not to eat after dinner at night but now I'm finding that I'm really hungry a couple of hours after dinner and my water isn't cutting it.  I'm going to need to plan a good snack for after dinner.  The past 3 nights I've grazed too much - crackers & cheese, another whole wheat Ritz cracker here or there or a graham cracker.  Maybe I'm eating too many carbs with the crackers and that's causing my cravings for something to eat.  Is it emotional eating cause I'm maybe bored at night?  I don't want this weight loss to end - I need to keep working my high protein - low carb new lifestyle.  At least I'm not giving up as I usually would by now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment